The Venerable Bhatsakorn Piyobhaso, a resident Thai monk in Bristol, leads regular meditation sessions on Wednesday evenings at the Multifaith Chaplaincy Centre, 1 Woodland Road, Bristol during the academic term time. (He also conducts Dhamma talks for members of the Thai community--see Thai pages for more details.).
To find out if the Wednesday evening meditation sessions are running please either call Ven. Bhatsakorn on 07783 204820 or email info at theravadabuddhisminbristol.org
When held, the Wednesday evening meditation sessions start at 7pm and finish by 9pm. The timetable is as follows:
- 7.00-7.10 Short chanting with paying homage to the Triple Gem
- 7.10-7.30 Reading Selected Suttas (discourses of the Buddha), articles, talk and discussion
- 7.30-8.00 Open for discussion and sharing experience
- 8.00-8.20 Walking Meditation
- 8.20-8.40 Sitting Meditation
- 8.40-8.45 Sharing loving-kindness and merit with all beings
- 8.45-9.00 Tea/Coffee and closing
The evening sessions are open to everyone and are suitable both for those who want to find out more about classical Buddhism and Buddhist meditation and those who are purely interested in learning how to meditate and the role of meditation in daily life. There is no charge to attend the evening sessions and no booking is required.
The Wednesday evening session starts promptly at 7pm so it is advisable to try to arrive a little earlier. Meditation cushions will be supplied for all those meditating. You are, of course, welcome to bring your own cushion, bench etc. Also, could you please remember to remove your shoes on entering the meditation room(s).